Who should have this treatment?
Because a malfunctioning colon can trigger 80% of all diseases, almost all people need a series of Colonics, and notice an improvement in their health. The procedure cleanses the colon of accumulated fecal matter, mucous deposits, gas and toxins.
Is Colon Hydrotherapy safe?
Absolutely. All equipment is sterilized, and the water is pre-filtered. The water pressure is low (1 psi), so there is no danger of perforating the bowel. Thousands of Colonics have been given safely over the years, and unlike laxatives, colon hydrotherapy is not habit forming actually improves bowel tone.
Is Colon Hydrotherapy the same as an enema?
No. Colon Hydrotherapy will only clean out about 12 inches of the rectum and the bowel area; however, a enema will aim to cleanse the whole of the colon (approx. 5ft. long and 2 inches in diameter). Unlike enemas, Colon Hydrotherapy doesn't irritate the bowel because we use only water, rather than harmful chemicals.
• Contrary to some schools of thought, Colon Hydrotherapy doesn't make the bowel lazy, but stimulates and exercises the colon through the use of warm water.
• Colon Hydrotherapy cleanses the colon, emptying the pockets thereby helping to reduce waste, infection and inflammation. This, in turn, helps to improve muscular contractions.
• Re-educates the colon so it returns to its more original form.
• Balances the micro-flora ecosystem by removing the old waste and excessive overgrowth of bad bacteria, thus allowing the good bacteria to thrive.
• Helps to synthesis the B vitamins whilst increasing the absorption of other nutrients through the colon walls.
• Helps to decrease the enterotoxins re-entering the body (Leaky gut syndrome).
• Decreases the risk of cancer by removing old waste products and ensuring that the bowel works properly.
• Improves bowel transit time.
Is Colon Hydrotherapy painful?
Sometimes people can have slight cramping or can feel pressure building-up in the stomach. This feeling usually passes very quickly and generally occurs when gas is shifting. However, herbs may be used to aid this. Generally, the treatment is very relaxing and some people even fall asleep during the procedure!
Where can the old fecal debris in the bowel be found?
It can be stuck in the pockets of the bowel or stuck to the bowel wall like glue. This causes irritation and inflammation and so Colon Hydrotherapy are good to help remove this. Herbs will help shift further deposits.
Is there any danger of transmitting disease through the equipment?
Only if the equipment hasn't been sterilized properly. However, we only use disposable specular that are disposed after each use. This ensures our clients that fungus, bacteria, and viruses will not be transmitted to our clients.
Are there any circumstances in which Colonic Hydrotherapy isn't recommended?
Your therapist will take a detailed history to ensure that this procedure will be safe for you, if there is any doubt, we will recommend an alternative treatment. As a guide people who have the following health complaints are advised not to undertake the treatment:
• Severe cardiac disease
• Uncontrolled high blood pressure/ hypertension
• Congestive cardiac failure
• Severe anemia
• Gastro-intestinal perforation or hemorrhage
• Severe hemorrhoids
• Cirrhosis of the liver
• Carcinoma/cancer of the colon or rectum
• Abdominal hernia
• Recent colon or rectal surgery
• Renal insufficiency
• Severe prostate problems
How many treatments will I need?
Colon Hydrotherapy is administered in a series of treatments. The number of Colon Hydrotherapy needed varies for each individual. Your individual toxicity level determines the number of Colon Hydrotherapy you will need. But, a series of Colon Hydrotherapy is necessary to remove the impacted material from the colon wall. The washing is very gentle and works by virtue of repeated cleanings not by force. If there is continued undigested food, heavy mucus, dark encrustations or heavy toxins, it is recommended that you continue treatments until you are freed of these substances.